In light of the PHO’s repeal of the indoor mask order we will not be requiring masks to be worn at our facilities. This will be in effect as of Friday, March 11th.
We know that many of you (including staff) will feel more comfortable continuing to wear a mask and you have our full support in doing that. Masks are still highly recommended when in close quarters with others.
Spectating is welcomed from the upper level of our Port Moody Studio. We cannot yet facilitate spectating at our Main Street Gym, but we will be returning with seating soon. We will continue to escort children to the back of the building at Main Street for pick up after classes.
Based on our survey done at the end of last year we understand many of our members would still prefer if we keep the requirement. Our staff is more than happy to assist you depending on your level of comfort.
- You may continue to wear a mask at our facilities. We have disposable masks on hand if you need one.
- Staff & Coaches will keep a mask with them to wear in recommended situations. They may ask you if you prefer they wear a mask while giving you assistance.
- You may pause your membership if you do not feel comfortable visiting our facilities due to the repeal of the mask order.
We will still be requiring vaccine cards for all adult visitors until April 8th. The vaccine card program does not include youth sport. The provincial vaccine card program will be ending on April 8th.
For those of you that have been waiting for this news for a long time we thank you for your patience. During the pandemic we have always kept two things in mind when making decisions.
- Overall comfort for our members. We know that many of our visitors have a high risk tolerance, but it is important that everyone in our community feel comfortable. We appreciate the compassion for others many have shown by continuing to wear a mask despite the inconvenience.
- Simple and effective protocols. Not all of the orders have been super clear: including when to wear and not to wear a mask. We’ve always done our best to keep our protocols as simple and clear as possible. In the case of masks this meant keeping our requirement longer until the PHO orders were more clear.
Thank you again for your patience and understanding as we navigate these changing times together.