Next Steps, Schedule & Memberships
As the only dedicated parkour spaces in the lower mainland for a decade we haven’t had a lot to follow. Needless to say Origins has become much more than it was when we first opened up a big space in September of 2012. Oh yeah it’s our 10 year anniversary :0
We’ve tinkered away at Origins, built stuff, tore it down, built new stuff, opened at weird hours, made cool videos, survived a pandemic, overhauled memberships, hosted world championships, and everything else you do when you’re figuring out how to run a one-of-a-kind business dedicated to a niche sport. If there’s anything you can expect from Origins it’s that we will continue to grow and adapt to whatever comes our way.
TLDR; here are some changes:
- Reduced Open Gym Hours: We know. This sounds like a bummer. The truth is we just don’t have enough of y’all coming in to do parkour between 9am to 4pm to justify being open for drop-ins during the day on week days. We are closing most of our daytime open gyms ( SEE NEW SCHEDULE ) and freeing up the space so we can host private groups and work on secret projects.
- New 12:00pm Tuesday Class in Vancouver! We’re adding a noon Parkour Class on Tuesday followed by an Open Gym that runs until 3:00pm. Tell your friends who work in offices nearby that we have the perfect class for their lunch break. We also have wifi and tables to work if you need to hop on a zoom meeting after class 😉
- New Stunt Drop-in on Wednesdays and Fridays from 8:00am to 11:00am. If you’re a stunt performer looking to practice fight choreography (among other things) we’ve set aside some times for you to come in and do your thing without having to compromise with some of the rules of the parkour gym. This Drop-in time is for ages 19+.
- Open Gym Price Increases and removal of monthly open gym memberships. All of our Class Memberships will include unlimited open gym, but we will no longer be offering open gym specific memberships, because of our reduced schedule.
- Month-to-Month Memberships. All of our Memberships (Session, Double Up, and Unlimited) are now available to purchase as single months instead of a 3 month commitment. Memberships are still set to auto renew every month, meaning you will be charged each month. If you would like to pause your membership simply let us know before your next payment comes out. First timers can get 25% off their first month by committing to a 3 month contract.
Thank you for being a part of our community 🙂