We’re Still Here / COVID-19
Dear Origins Parkour community,
We have been watching the COVID-19 situation closely as it develops and are preparing for the possibility of shutting down. At this stage we will remain open for spring camps, classes, and limited open practice times. We will update our schedule daily and share it on our website, newsletter, and social media.
In order to minimize the spread of the virus:
- We are continuing our increased daily cleaning and disinfecting, as well as cleaning and disinfecting key equipment between sessions.
- We will be banning any partner activities involving physical touch.
- Our coaches will be strongly encouraging visitors (children and adults) to avoid close contact (a minimum of 1 metre apart).
- We have downsized the gym space, restricting access to the foam pit and other gym areas in order to make disinfecting possible.
- We will be screening members upon entry to the facility effective immediately. Expect to answer questions as they relate to the COVID-19 virus, such as your current health and precautions you are taking to socially distance yourself.
- We will not be accepting cash as a form of payment, and encouraging the use of contactless payment when possible (tap).
- Checking into class or open practice will no longer be done through self-sign in. Please check in with a staff member when you arrive.
- We require frequent hand washing.
- We require members and staff to stay home if they are feeling unwell.
These measures will be in place until further notice.
Do what you feel is best
While we have made the tentative decision to stay open, we do not want anyone to feel pressured to attend and make use of their pass. If you think social distancing or complete isolation is best for you and your family we support your decision to do so.
We are expecting this to be a trying time for us as we are not just a business, but a community. Origins will need your support in order to continue serving our community when the dust settles.
What can you do to help?
Let your current pass continue to run in your absence. If you are taking time away and can afford it, we would be eternally grateful for your help!
Purchase a new pass if your current one is about to expire:
Session Pass: 1 Class + 1 Open Practice / week
Session passes are $90+GST/mo for a minimum 3 months. Effective March 16th 2020, all newly purchased Sessions passes automatically renew, but can be canceled anytime after the initial 3 month commitment.
Supporter Pass: Unlimited Membership
$150/mo for a minimum 3 months. Auto-renews, but can be cancelled after the first 3 months.
Super Supporter Pass: Unlimited Membership
$3600 +GST up front for 2 years. Activates at the end of your current membership.
Accepting credit is support too!
We support your decision to socially distance and are grateful for your patronage. We understand if you need to put things on hold:
Put your membership on pause for the time-being. Let us know and we’ll suspend contract payments for you.
Accept account credit for remaining visits on passes.
Refund for unused passes
We understand that there will be those of you who would like to support the gym, but simply cannot during this time. We appreciate your business and look forward to having you back at the gym in the future.
Refunds* can be issued for any unused passes, or partially used short term passes (passes that span 1-month or less). Partially-used passes will be prorated.
For anyone with a partially used long-term pass who is experiencing great financial hardship due to these events, and cannot make due with simply pausing their current membership: please reach out to us and we’ll do the best we can to work out a solution for you.
*Note: we can only issue online refunds for purchases that were made by a stored credit card or pre-authorized debit. Cash and in-person debit/credit card purchases must be processed in person. We will process in-person refunds any chance we can.*
To have your membership paused, account credited, or to be issued a refund, write an email to email@example.com. Please include “Pause”, “Credit”, or “Refund” in the subject line, and provide details about your request so we can serve you more efficiently.
Please understand that we are experiencing a high volume of requests at this time, and we are doing our best to respond to requests in a timely manner. Your patience at this time is greatly appreciated.
While we are facing some tough challenges ahead of us, we know our community is adaptable and resilient. With the support of our members, Origins Parkour will continue to thrive. Keep an eye out for updates to our schedule and we thank you for your support.