First Time at the Gym?
What should I bring?
– Save time and fill out our WAIVER before you visit! (must be 19 years or older to sign)
– Comfortable clothes for running, jumping, climbing, rolling and crawling!
– Clean running shoes (indoor shoes preferred). Help keep our gym clean! Otherwise, you can also practice barefoot.
– A refillable water bottle. Stay hydrated!
Do I have to bring a parent/guardian?
– If you’re under 19 years old, you will need an adult to sign a waiver for you. You can do this at the gym, or before your visit.
– Parent(s)/Guardian(s) can drop Kids’ off for classes. Please let us know if someone else will be picking them off.
– Kids under the age of 13 must have a parent/guardian present during all OPEN PRACTICE times.
I have zero experience! Which class should I take?
Our Parkour Classes are beginner friendly with the exception of Thursday 7:30pm (Teen/Adult Level 1+) and Sunday 11:15am (Kids PK Level 1+). You can also take an “Intro to Flips” class if you are interested in learning acrobatic skills. You can see our full list of class times on our schedule HERE
Where can I park?
– Parking is available behind the building at any of the Planet Bingo parking lot spaces (unless restricted by a ‘reserved’ sign)
– You can also park in the lane of the adjacent church with the small white signs marked “Mt. Pleasant Co-Op.”
I’ll be honest. I have no idea what this is about. What IS parkour?
Parkour is an the activity and culture of practicing to pass/overcome obstacles or structures. Parkour can be a fun activity to get in shape or a discipline to challenge your body and mind. It consists of, but is not limited to these basic locomotor abilities: running, jumping, climbing, crawling, vaulting, swinging (brachiating), and rolling.
At ORIGINS our focus is to teach students quality movement they can use to create their own challenges and combinations. Through specific exercises you will not only learn how to move better, but you will become a stronger and more capable human being.
Sometimes, a video is worth a thousand words. Why not check out our YouTube channel?